Monday, November 14, 2011

111311 TriState Tough Mudder

Awesome! Just AWESOME!


Of the 12 people on our team the 2 CrossFitters (Karen and I) finished strongest. Dare I say we even thought it was easy--we OWNED it. Not to discount the accomplishments of anyone who finished this beast, but now I know what Coach meant by "prepare for the unknown and unknowable." I get it now. The Tough Mudder was right in our wheelhouse thanks to CrossFit. It's a true test of GPP. Aside from a few bumps and bruises I feel like a million bucks today.

Surprisingly (but maybe not) the one-dimensional marathoners in the group were the ones who struggled most. Followed by the traditional cardio/weights and P90X'ers. But that's really splitting hairs. Everyone stepped their game up today and played like a champion. Emphasis on the play.

I can't remember the last time I had this much fun. It was as if I were transported back to my childhood, rolling through the mud and scrambling and climbing over obstacles. Without a doubt I am hooked and can't wait for the next one.

2012 Bear Creek, PA--we've got you in the crosshairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment